The Print Shop supports environmentally responsible business practices
At The Print Shop, we believe it's vital to manage our business in a way that impacts the environment in a positive manner.
- Virtually 100% of our paper purchases are from paper companies that harvest trees from decades-old tree farms specifically planted, harvested, and replanted to provide an ongoing source of pulp. Responsible forest management not only ensures a sustainable, ongoing paper supply, but also that the land used will remain undeveloped commercially. Growing and harvesting trees provides jobs, and working forests are good for the environment – providing clean air and water, wildlife habitat and carbon storage.
- We use recycled papers whenever possible and encourage others to do the same. We print as many images as possible on a sheet of paper, make two-sided prints and copies, and use email instead of faxing whenever we can. Digital ordering, proofing, and reordering helps all of us to save substantial amounts of gasoline and other materials.
- We have recycle bins throughout our shop for paper and other materials.
- We use vegetable-based inks, and water soluble, biodegradable, and recyclable chemicals and solvents where ever available.
- Toners and cartridges are recycled.
- We have implemented programs to reduce our electrical consumption, upgrading to more-efficient equipment and powering equipment down when not in use.
The Print Shop is continually looking for ways to reduce our environmental impact.